This qualification is designed for students who want to go on to higher level studies or into a relevant uniformed services role.
Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One and two year courses.
What will I study?
Course content covers areas such as the following that will:
- Allow progression to employment or further study towards the entry qualifications and requirements of a specific uniformed service
- Inform and prepare you to become a uniformed service potential recruit
- Provide an understanding of the uniformed public services sector
- Provide an understanding of the external organisations that impact on and influence the work of the uniformed services
- Provide an understanding of how uniformed services organisations respond in emergency situations
- Provide the opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services, eg leadership skills, coaching skills, conflict management, personal protection, teamwork, communication, navigation and drill
What could it lead to?
Uniformed Service - the course gives a good understanding of the services, skills and knowledge to make a strong application.
University - degree courses such as Criminology, Policing, Business, Sports, Disaster Management, Law, IT, Youth and Social Studies.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma Level 2
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Sport Coaching) Diploma Level 2
- Sport & Physical Activity (Sport Coaching or Working in Sport & Leisure Pathway) Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1
- Sport Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3