Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year course.
What will I study?
This qualification aims to provide informed and prepared potential recruits to the services. It will enable students to prepare to make a recruitment application or provide a basis for further study and progression towards the entry qualification of a specific service. It will also provide an insight into the practical qualities they require, not only for uniformed services, but also for employment in general.
Course content includes:
- An understanding of the uniformed public services sector
- The opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services
- The opportunity to investigate volunteering roles and the transferable workplace skills volunteering can provide
- The ability to prepare for a recruitment interview
- An understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in a uniformed service role
- An understanding of the importance of health and hygiene for those in uniformed service roles
- The opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services, eg teamwork, communication, problem solving, navigation and drill.
What could it lead to?
Students may progress onto a Level 3 course in Uniformed Services or Sport/Sport and Exercise Science or take up employment in the sport and leisure industry. Alternatively, students can enter employment at a junior level in the public sector or enter the Armed Forces.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma Level 2
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Sport Coaching) Diploma Level 2
- Sport & Physical Activity (Sport Coaching or Working in Sport & Leisure Pathway) Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1
- Sport Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3