Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year course.
What will I study?
This qualification aims to provide informed and prepared potential recruits. It will enable students to prepare to make a recruitment application or provide a basis for further study and progression towards the entry qualification of a specific service. It will also provide an insight into the practical qualities they require, not only for uniformed services, but also for employment in general.
Course content includes:
- An understanding of the uniformed public services sector
- The opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services
- The opportunity to investigate volunteering roles and the transferable workplace skills volunteering can provide
- The ability to prepare for a recruitment interview
- An understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in a uniformed service role
- An understanding of the importance of health and hygiene for those in uniformed service roles
- The opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services eg teamwork, communication, problem solving, navigation and drill.
What could it lead to?
Students may progress onto an advanced level qualification in Public Services or Sport/Sport and Exercise Science or take up employment in the sport and leisure industry. Alternatively, you can enter employment at a junior level in a range of outdoor adventure occupations, including becoming an outdoor instructor.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.