You must have completed Level 2 Hospitality Services Diploma and have 3 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
This qualification is the result of collaboration between industry, education and City and Guilds. It takes into account the latest approach to food safety, health and safety and industry practices.
Dates and Times
9th September 2019 - 4th July 2020
The qualification is made up of 12 units and students must achieve all 12 units to complete the qualification.
Units will include:
- Principles of supervising food and beverage services
- Principles of promoting food and beverage services and products
- Principles of supervising customer service performance in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Supervise food and beverage service
- Carve, fillet, joint and serve food in a food service area
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Prepare and serve cocktails
- Prepare and serve wines
- Prepare, cook and serve food in a food service area
- Provide advice to customers on food and beverage matching
- Supervise hospitality events
Assignments, short-answer tests and practical assessments.
On completion of this qualification, students may progress onto higher-level studies, into employment or onto a management apprenticeship. Potential job opportunities include:
- Bar Manager
- Head Waiter
- Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Event Co-ordinator
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- York College Certificate - Advanced Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Chocolate Making
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Chocolate Making
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Patisserie & Confectionery