This programme is aimed at qualified hairdressers wishing to further develop their skills and creative ability. Level 3 would give you the opportunity to share experiences with other professionals and help you realise your own potential.
Students wishing to apply for this course will already have Level 2 Hairdressing and a minimum of one year’s commercial experience with current employment in a salon.
Should you wish to be considered for this course/programme you are required to complete an application form and attend an interview and a trade test prior to enrolling.
Dates and times
Course dates: 16th September 2019 - 3rd July 2020
Times: 9.00am - 9.00pm
The NVQ 3 training programme in Hairdressing provides professional training of the highest standard in a realistic and up-to-date working environment. The subjects covered are the theory and practice of Advanced Hairdressing which will include:
- Cross unit test
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively cut women’s hair using a combination of techinques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Provide hairdressing consultation service
- Provide colour correction service
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of promotional activities
- Assessments in working environment
- Assignments and tests
Exams and Assessments
Continuous assessment will be carried out online via multiple choice tests. There is 100% pass rate for this course. Practical assessments are observed and carried out within tutorials.
NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing (City and Guilds).
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I require a kit?
Full hairdressing kit is required (York College kit costs approximately £400).
Is there a dress code?
Yes, all black and closed black shoe, no jeans or trainers. (York College Uniform £36).
Students can go onto do the following:
Foundation Degree in Media Make-up and Hair Design
Working in the industry in product houses or in retail
Further education to progress in teaching and assessing
Other options can be discussed with your tutor.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- Body Massage Level 3 Diploma (VTCT)
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Customer Service (Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy)
- Hairdressing Level 3 in Womens Hairdressing
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy Techniques
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management