Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year, approximately 3 days a week.
What will I study?
The subjects covered include the theory and practice of:
- Health and Safety
- Client care and communication in the beauty related industry
- Apply make-up
- The art of photographic make-up
- The art of dressing hair
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Theme face painting
- Body art design
- Colour and lighten hair
- Cut hair
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
Additional courses you will study
- Certificate in Contact Dermatitis Prevention
- Study Skills
- Work experience
- Visits from external speakers and demonstrators
How will I be assessed?
Practical and theoretical assessment.
Written questions, assignment work, questioning and external exams online are all part of the assessment process. You will be required to provide your own models.
What could it lead to?
You could progress on to the Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 3. Employment in the Hair and Beauty industry, e.g. in a Hairdressing Salon or as a Make-up Consultant/Make-up Artist.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 2
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 3
- Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 3
- Introduction to the Beauty and Media Sector NVQ Certificate Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Introduction to the Hair Sector Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 3