No formal qualifications are required but a logical mind and a willingness to experiment and explore would be a big help.
Who it’s for?
Aimed at anyone who has concerns about protecting their safety while operating online whether that be for personal or business use, and classify themselves as beginners.
The course runs weekly for two weeks. Lessons from 6pm to 8pm on Wednesdays.
18th September 2019 - 25th September 2019
22nd January 2020 - 29th January 2020
29th April 2020 - 6th May 2020
Time: 6.00pm - 8.00pm
This introductory course to cyber security will enable you to get online with great confidence in being able to protect yourself.
You will be introduced to a range of subjects including:
- The Do's and Don’ts of the internet
- Search engines and URL security
- How to stay safe when using a public network
- Removing cookies, Internet browse history & temporary internet files
- Disabling ad-ons
- How to spot fake emails
There is no formal qualification for this course but a college certificate of attendance can be provided if required.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Beginners Guide to Digital Marketing
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Beginners Guide to Social Media for Business
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Beginners Guide to Staying Safe Online
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Web Design for Beginners