Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

9th January 2019

Many congratulations to Construction Tutor Stefanie Stead who has received an MBE for services to the ‘Architecture and the Construction Industry’ in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List.

Stefanie Stead cropped againWEB

Outside of the College Stefanie is the director of Stead & Co architects and a former Chair of the Construction Industry Council (CIC) Yorkshire and Humber. Stefanie has worked across Yorkshire on a range of urban design, heritage, residential, retail and educational schemes and she sits on the RIBA Yorkshire Council and is the Regional Design Review Panelist for Yorkshire and Humber.

Stefanie is passionate about encouraging the younger generation into the construction industry and she very much enjoys her tutor role at York College, teaching students on the HNC Construction and the Built Environment course. Currently Stefanie is on maternity leave, looking after her young son Joseph, who was born in November.

Stefanie Stead 2WEB

Stefanie says: “I am absolutely thrilled to have received the MBE for my services to the construction industry. I hope the students at York College will be inspired and consider construction as a career whether as a designer or constructor.”

Related Link

HNC Construction and the Built Environment

Construction

Current Term's News

Links

Need Help?