Award Crest
York College

Due to essential maintenance, the York College website will be offline from 15th – 17th July. We apologise for any inconvenience.

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

Former A Level student Jade Cuttle, a poetic-folk songwriter, has embarked on her first music tour, via a milk float. Jade is currently studying Modern and Medieval Languages at Cambridge University and has recently written poetry for BBC Proms in collaboration with BBC Radio 3. She also has new music releases on iTunes from her debut EP 'I am Like The Tree'.

Milk-Float-WEB

Jade writes under the name of Rose Sélavy and due to her poetic success is BBC Introducing supported. Her unique milk float music tour started on the wet and wild Western Isles and Outer Hebrides where she spent time jotting down poetic ramblings. 

Jade CuttleRose SelavyWEB

BBC Radio York will be the first to broadcast Jade’s brand new track 'Oh, lonesome little boat' which also features former students David and Mark Leighton on cello and guitar.

Jade, a former pupil of Barlby High School, studied A Levels in English Literature, English Language, French and Maths at York College and keeps in contact with tutors.

Listen to Rose Sélavy

'I Am Not A Flower'

'I Am Like The Tree'

Read her blog here

Like Rose Sélavy on Facebook

Twitter: @JadeCuttle

Related Link

English

Current Term's News

Links

Need Help?