York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

Extended Diploma Construction and the Built Environment student Jack Mead has secured a wonderful opportunity to study Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying at Loughborough University, with the added bonus of being offered a place on the Lend Lease undergraduate sponsorship scheme. Wasting no time, Jack will start working for Lend Lease on the Hungate development in York before he begins his university studies.

JackMeadbestWEB

Interestingly, Jack (aged 19) is following in the footsteps of his father, Phil Mead, who also studied Construction at York College, achieving a first class Honours degree. Phil runs his own successful building firm, Northmead Developments, and has played an important role passing on his passion for the industry.

Jack (formerly of Easingwold School) says: “From being young my Dad involved me in his work and gave me an interest in construction. It’s impressive when you pass buildings and your Dad says ‘I built that’. On leaving school I studied A Levels but I didn’t enjoy my studies. On finding out about the Construction and the Built Environment course I decided to change direction and I haven’t looked back. The course provides an insight into all aspects of the industry - it was a perfect fit, from day one I loved it.

“York College has been good for me. The more mature environment has allowed me to build my confidence and independence. My College tutors have been very supportive and I felt comfortable applying to Loughborough University, which is rated very highly by industry professionals. I was delighted to be offered a place at Loughborough , I was even more astounded to be offered sponsorship by Lend Lease before even starting the course. I feel very excited for the future.”

Related Link

Construction and the Built Environment (Construction, Design and Management) BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma

Current Term's News

Need Help?