Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

York College A Level student Freya Marshall Payne was delighted to hear she had attained the highest grade in the country in her A Level Spanish examination last summer. Freya was presented with a special trophy by Principal Alison Birkinshaw.

Freya Marshall PayneSpanishALevelgradeWEB

Freya (aged 17) achieved full marks in the WJEC examination. She said: “I was overjoyed to be awarded top marks. Being bilingual since age 10, I learnt Spanish a long time ago and it was an intense, difficult process – although I’m now grateful to my parents because it is a beautiful language and I realised through taking Spanish at College how rewarding it has been. I would like to thank my tutors for all their advice and help with exam structure. I also know that their expertise and fluency was a great help to my classmates.”

Educated in Spain from the age of 10, Freya always loved English literature and history. Aged 16 Freya returned to England to live with a host family and to study at York College. She has now received conditional offers to read English and History at several top universities as well as an offer to read History at Oxford University.

Freya says: “I chose to study at York College because I wanted a positive education with an emphasis on self-direction, which was especially important to me in Spanish. Many of my tutors have amazing expertise and, best of all, they have given me space to get on with my work, yet have always been there to offer support.”

York College offers over 40 A Level and 80 Vocational courses, and 20 Apprenticeship programmes. This year nearly 1,000 students from across the College have submitted UCAS applications to top universities up and down the country. Prospective students are invited to attend the next York College Open Evening on Wednesday 4th March (6.00pm - 8.00pm) to find out more about the courses offered, and to speak with tutors and employers.

Related Link

A Level Spanish

Current Term's News

Links

Need Help?