Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

Staff and students from York College's Ashfields training restaurant attended the Yorkshire Hotel Show at York Racecourse and participated in a live cookery demonstration.

Web1

The Yorkshire Hotel Show was the must-attend event for any hotelier, restaurateur, publican, café or deli owner looking for new products and ideas. Exhibitors ranged from suppliers of food products, software, catering equipment, technology, financial, legal, marketing, design and other consultancy services, all showing their latest innovations.
The demonstration lasted half an hour and audience members spoke with the chefs and received recipe sheets to re-create the dishes at home.

Web2

Head Chef Stuart Snell and Level 1 Professional Cookery student Joshua Phillips previously of Huntington School demonstrated their home cured salmon with Yorkshire rhubarb, compressed watermelon, pickled cucumber, beetroot, pink peppercorn, rye bread crisps, and wood sorrel.

Web3

Said Stuart; "Taking part in the Yorkshire Hotel Show's Live Kitchen demonstration was an excellent opportunity to demonstrate to industry experts the high standard of dishes produced in Ashfields and the use of locally sourced seasonal produce within our menus."

Joshua said, "Being asked to take part in the Live Kitchen demonstration was a great opportunity. I was able to experience preparing dishes in an environment outside of the production kitchen at College; helping me to develop my skills even further."

Related Links

Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)

Current Term's News

Links

Need Help?