Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

CSkills carpentry apprentice, Chris Garside (aged 20) worked tirelessly to demonstrate his skills at the WorldSkills UK National Skills Finals at The Skills Show, NEC Birmingham (13th-15th November 2014). 

chrisgarsideweb

Chris (formerly of Barlby High School) studies Level 3 Site Joinery at College and is employed by William Birch & Sons in York   At the UK final he competed against 11 other joiners from around the country and was tasked with making a model of child's climbing frame in just  2½ days.  Chris completed the task on time and to a very high standard.

Earlier in the year Chris won the regional heat of the competition. Competing against students from across the north of England, he achieved one of the top scores in the country, earning him a place in the final.   

Kevin Clancy, Head of Division for Construction at York College says: “I  congratulate Chris on his achievements. WorldSkills UK competitions inspire students to be ambitious and produce work of the highest level.  The competitions play a vital role in raising standards, esteem and levels of expertise.  Chris produced excellent work and is a great ambassador for the College.”

Chris says: “I enjoyed the final.  I kept a cool head and did my best on the day.  It was a brilliant experience.”    

chrisgarsideweb1

Current Term's News

Links

Need Help?