Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

Crime writer Leigh Russell, who set her latest fast-paced thriller ‘Race to Death’ at York Racecourse, visited York College to give students an insight into the world of an international best-selling author. Capturing everyone’s attention, she spoke  about her life and work, starting off as a school teacher and becoming a famous crime writer - giving away some writer's secrets!

LR1-web3

Leigh explained she is naturally a quiet and shy person, however as Leigh Russell, the crime writer, she allows herself to be someone else  and is able to transport readers into another world.

The author was encouraging and inspirational, she was asked questions about writing a book,  specific writing rules and sending off a manuscript to a publisher.  The author responded; 'There are no rules to writing,  if an idea works then just go for it!.”  

Leigh has written eight successful titles which have been translated into several different languages.  She has sold the rights to her books to television for them to be made into a series. 

-web

Applied Science student Kierran Horsefield (previously of Easingwold School) was intrigued to hear what the crime writer had to say.  He said: “I attended the talk as I have an interest in writing and found it really helpful. I would like to see more of these talks in the future at College.”

A Level student, Amber Turnbull (previously of Malton School) said: “The talk was brilliant and really interesting. I have bought her book and was lucky enough to get it signed.” 

Current Term's News

Links

Need Help?