This qualification is aimed at students who want to progress further in their fitness instructing career, as a personal trainer.
Why York College?
- You'll have regular email contact with qualified tutors for feedback and support
- Our programmes run on intensive weeks, normally in the school holidays
- We offer a personal face-to-face approach
- Our costs include all course fees including registration, exam entry and certification
- We've invested £20,000 in our gym, so you'll be using the most up-to-date equipment in the industry
- You can be set up as a personal trainer (self-employed) within one year
Dates and Times
The course runs all day for the following full, intensive weeks:
Week beginning: February 20, 2017 - 24, 2017
Week beginning: April 18, 2017 - 21, 2017
Week beginning: May 30, 2017 - Jun 02, 2017
Students will cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health - this will further develop the understanding and application of the human anatomy and the effects of exercise.
- Applying the Principals of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme - this unit covers the students' ability to apply the principles of nutrition to support clients' goals as part of a physical activity programme.
- Programming Personal Training with Clients - this unit covers the knowledge and skills a student needs to design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages. This may include young people in the 14 - 16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. This unit also covers working with individual older adults, ante and postnatal women, and disabled clients.
- Delivering Personal Training Sessions - this unit covers the practical skills needed in order to deliver exercise and physical activity for young people in the 14 - 16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. This unit also covers working with individual older adults, ante and postnatal women, and disabled clients.
The Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Applying the Principals of Nutrition will be delivered via e-learning. This will require home study via the internet, with revision sessions being provided prior to an exam.
The practical units of programming and delivering personal training sessions will be delivered via intensive practical lessons.
A range of compulsory assessment is covered including:
- Multiple choice theory paper/eAssessment
- Practical assessments
Regular formative assessment will be included throughout the course, with home study required.
CYQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
Students can enter employment (inclduing self-employment) as a personal trainer
The cost of this course is £1,417
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.