Entry requirementsA minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language (grade 4) or any Level 2 Diploma in a relevant subject at Merit grade including either English Language GCSE at a grade C (grade 4) or above, subject to satisfactory references. If you do not have English and Maths GCSE at grade C (grade 4) or above you will be expected to complete this qualification alongside your Sport programme.
DurationOne or two year course.
What will I study?Over the course of the programme students will study a total of 15 units which include:
Anatomy and Physiology
Fitness Testing and Programming
Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
Coaching for Performance
Practical Sports Performance
Professional Development in the Sports Industry
What could it lead to?Students can progress into higher education or into employment. The course is particularly relevant to sports coaching, sports development, teaching and the fitness industry. However, it can be used as a stepping stone to other training or employment.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) 90 Credit/Extended Diploma BTEC Level 3
- Sport and Active Leisure BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Sport and Exercise Sciences 90 Credit/Extended Diploma BTEC Level 3
- Sport BTEC First Certificate Diploma Level 2
- Sports Development Centre
- Uniformed Public Services 90 Credit/Extended Diploma BTEC Level 3
- Uniformed Public Services BTEC Certificate Level 2