You will normally need to have at least one of the following:
A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D, including English Language and Maths (grade 3+)
A BTEC Foundation Certificate in a related subject
Other related Level 1 or 2 qualifications
Related work experience
You will also need to be able to play an instrument or sing to a reasonable standard.
What will I study?
This exciting course provides an introduction to the challenging yet enjoyable key elements of music performance; practical and theoretical skills through performance. Through practical projects you will learn and develop skills in musicianship, composing and arranging songs, and using MP3, CD or Soundcloud to promote your own work. This course maximises your own potential as a performer by developing your instrument and musicianship skills. There is a wide range of opportunities to showcase your own work, in-house and within the local community, which prepares you for employment, or further study, in the music industry.
The Music Performance and Production Diploma Level 2 (this course title has recently changed and was detailed as Music Level 2 in our Propsectus) is a practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. It introduces you to the employment area you have chosen and provides a good basis to go on to a more advanced work-related qualification.
All students take the following units:
- Introduction to music performance
- Introduction to music production
- Listening skills for music performance and production
- Exploring music compostition
- Contextual research for music performance and production
- Music performance skills and practice
- Music production skills and practice
- Music performance and production project
Students may also be required to undertake GCSE/Functional Skills English and Maths as required for their progression.
How will I be assessed?
90 per cent coursework, 10 per cent exams. All units are assessed and graded and an overall grade for the qualification is awarded.
A materials contribution is applied to this course. This will be confirmed at interview.
What could it lead to?
Upon successful completion you will be armed with valuable learning, skills and knowledge to meet the demands of a Level 3 programme such as the Music Extended Diploma.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Backstage Arts (Production Arts) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production and Technology Diploma Level 2
- Creative Media Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Dance Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Performance and Production Diploma Level 2
- Musical Theatre Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Backstage Arts Diploma Level 2
- Performing Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3