Equivalent to one A Level.
Entry requirementsA minimum of 2 grade Bs and 4 grade Cs at GCSE including grade B (grade 5) GCSE English Language. A grade C or above in GCSE Dance or equivalent dance experience/qualification is also required. Auditions will take place in the summer term.
DurationOne year or two years.
Who is it for?Students studying on an A Level programme, who are interested in the field of dance and have practical dance experience.
What will I study?Students will undertake a range of practical and theoretical assignments. Developing their dance and performance skills they will choreograph and create new dance works for assessment and develop course work in dance appreciation and healthy performer units.
How will I be assessed?Through a range of practical projects. There is no final written exam with this qualification.
CostsA materials contribution is applied to this course. This will be confirmed at interview.
Good course combinationsDrama and Theatre Studies, Media Studies, Music and Physical Education.
What could it lead to?Students undertaking this course could progress onto a dance related degree or dance school.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
100 per cent Achievement in 2016.
- Backstage Arts (Production Arts) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production and Technology Diploma Level 2
- Creative Media Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Dance Certificate/Subsidiary Diploma Level 3
- Dance Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Performance and Production Diploma Level 2
- Musical Theatre Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Backstage Arts Diploma Level 2
- Performing Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3