Entry Requirements5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language grade C (grade 4), or a Level 2 Diploma at Merit grade and GCSE English Language grade C (grade 4).
What will I study?Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the media from both a practical and theoretical standpoint. The course is designed to provide students with a broad set of production skills in a variety of contexts.
During the first year, all students will study a range of different units including Video Production, Digital Graphics, Photography and Video Games. These form the cornerstone of their media education and allow all students to experience a wide range of media.
Subjects will be studied in rotation, allowing students to develop a range of practical skills, develop an understanding of how to use a range of software and build on their theoretical understanding of media production and its applications.
In the second year, students select to pursue either TV & Film or Print Based Media. Students cover specialist units which will give them a deeper knowledge of their chosen area. During the second year, students will experience larger, more challenging assignments and work with external clients to realise more sophisticated projects.
What could it lead to?Students may progress on to university or college to take degrees or foundation degrees in subjects such as: animation, television and film production, photography and digital imaging, media studies, video game design, publishing, journalism, advertising and interactive media.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Backstage Arts (Production Arts) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production and Technology Diploma Level 2
- Creative Media Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Dance Certificate/Subsidiary Diploma Level 3
- Dance Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Performance and Production Diploma Level 2
- Musical Theatre Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Backstage Arts Diploma Level 2
- Performing and Production Arts Diploma Level 1
- Performing Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3