You will normally need to have at least one of the following:
4 GCSEs at grade D or above which include Maths and English (grade 3+).
A BTEC Foundation Certificate, or other related Level 1 or 2 qualifications. Related work experience.
What will I study?
Are you interested in studying a course that explores a wide variety of media production? Do you want to create your own magazines, radio productions and video games?
Creative Media Production and Technology introduces you to a wide selection of elements of the media and builds in additional skills for successful progression to the Advanced Level courses. It is a practical programme with an additional focus exploring a theoretical understanding of the products that will be produced. You will complete work related projects and activities, which links directly to realistic workplace demands. You will be required to produce a variety of media products as well as exploring media organisations, audiences and specific media texts. At the end of course you will be given freedom to specialise in one of the practical topics explored on the course and produce a media product of your choosing.
Video Game Design
Understanding Media Audiences
Final Digital Production Project
Students may also be required to undertake GCSE/Functional Skills in English and Maths as required for their progression.
A materials contribution is applied to this course. This will be confirmed at interview.
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through coursework.
What can I do next?
Upon successful completion of the course you can progress onto a Level 3 programme in one of the specialist pathways offered at the College.
- Backstage Arts (Production Arts) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production and Technology Diploma Level 2
- Creative Media Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Dance Certificate/Subsidiary Diploma Level 3
- Dance Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Performance and Production Diploma Level 2
- Musical Theatre Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Backstage Arts Diploma Level 2
- Performing Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3