GCSEs in Maths and English at grades E, F or G (grades 1 – 2+) or equivalent Functional Skills. Students with no formal qualifications will be assessed before enrolment. You must have a keen interest in creative and interactive media.
What will I study?
You will complete 9 units over the year which involve using a wide range of exciting and emerging technologies including Interactive Media, Multimedia, Video, Animation, Digital Photography, Website Software and Exploring Career Opportunities in Creative/Digital Media. You will use iPads in most of your units.
You will study maths and English at Entry 3, Level 1, Level 2 or GCSE depending on what you have already achieved. All students who have not achieved a grade C (grade 4) at GCSE will need to continue studying both of these subjects.
How will I be assessed?
The Diploma is assessed at a Pass grade through the completion of internal assignments. There are no exams.
What could it lead to?
On successful completion of the course you may progress to the Level 2 Extended Certificate in ICT or an equivalent pathway.
- Computer Science BTEC National Diploma Level 3
- Computer Systems and Network Support BTEC National Diploma Level 3
- Computing for Creative Industries BTEC National Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Information and Creative Technologies BTEC Extended Certificate Level 2
- Information Technology BTEC Introductory Diploma Level 1