Generally 4 or 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths at grade B (grade 5) and English (grade 4), or a Merit in any relevant Level 2 course (Extended Certificate or above), subject to references.
What will I study?
One of the biggest growth areas in national and local industries is digital and creative technologies. The National Diploma in Computing for Creative Industries is designed to support learners who are looking to develop a career in this exciting and fast moving sector. Focussing on a range of more creative aspects of modern computing this qualification is equivalent in size to two A Levels and can be supplemented with an additional A Level or equivalent.
You will study ten specialists units, six of these are mandatory and four are chosen by us. The mandatory units are:
• Principles of Computer Science
• Planning and Management of Computing Projects
• Building Computer Systems
• IT Systems Security
• Human-computer Interaction
• Digital Graphics and Animation
• Digital Video
• Computer Games Development
• Software Development
• 3D Modelling
What could it lead to?
This Level 3 qualification provides entry into higher education with a view to progressing to roles in the digital and creative technologies sector. Subjects that some students have gone on to study are Games Development, Cyber Security and Forensics, Web Development, Multimedia, Graphics and Animation, Networking and Cloud Computing, Mobile Apps and Social Media Development and Software Development. This qualification also offer a direct route into apprenticeships or employment working in user support, hardware or software technicians or data processing.
- Computer Science BTEC National Diploma Level 3
- Computer Systems and Network Support BTEC National Diploma Level 3
- Computing for Creative Industries BTEC National Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Information and Creative Technologies BTEC Extended Certificate Level 2
- Information Technology BTEC Introductory Diploma Level 1