A minimum of 4 GCSEs at D or above including Maths, English and ICT (or a vocational equivalent such as OCR National Award or Certificate in IT)
Relevant Foundation Level course in IT, subject to references and including Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English or equivalent.
We recognise that not all prospective students have the necessary formal entry requirements but never the less have a keen interest in the subject. We are always prepared to discuss options with students.
What will I study?
Mandatory units include:
- The Online World
- Technology Systems
- A Digital Portfolio
- Multimedia Products Development
On the Computer Science pathway you will also study:
- Software Development
- Mobile Apps Development
- Website Development and Automated Computer Systems
- Maths and English
If you do not have a C grade or above in Maths and English you will retake these again. Some students may study Functional Skills in Maths and English if this is more appropriate.
We also encourage students to seek work experience opportunities to support their study.
You will have at least two educational trips through the course of your study which are compulsory. In addition we encourage students to seek additional work experience opportunities to support their study.
What could it lead to?
This Extended Certificate is a respected qualification allowing access into entry level jobs in the IT industry, or progression onto Level 3 IT Diplomas, for which you will need to have obtained an overall Pass grade.
- Computer Science BTEC National Diploma Level 3
- Computer Systems and Network Support BTEC National Diploma Level 3
- Computing for Creative Industries BTEC National Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Information and Creative Technologies BTEC Extended Certificate Level 2
- Information Technology BTEC Introductory Diploma Level 1