Entry requirementsA minimum of 2 grade Bs and 4 grade Cs at GCSE including GCSE English Language (grade 4). We require a grade B in either English Language
(grade 5), History or Religious Studies.
What will I study?Yourself, the people you know, the society you live in and other attitudes and societies.
• Families and Households - What do we mean by ‘the family’? How have families and relationships within them changed?
• Education – e.g. why do girls now outperform boys at all levels of education?
• Beliefs in Society – What are religions for, and what impact do they have?
• Crime and Deviance – What is the difference between crime and deviance, and this just a matter of opinion?
• Sociological Theory and Methods
• Methods in Context- exploring the way a research method is applied to areas of research such as Education and Crime