- An interest in cake decoration
- Completed the Basic Cake decorating short course or have equivalent skills
- Students will also require the following equipment: Apron and non-slip shoes
Dates and Times
We are hoping to run this course in the future. For more information please contact the InfoZone on 01904 770770.
This course is a part-time class where students will further develop their skills in decorating a cake. The class is suitable for those who have completed the beginner’s course or for those that want to brush up or perfect their cake-covering skills. This course will continue on from the beginner’s course covering royal icing, sugar paste and moulding/piping basic flowers.
Students will learn:
- The art of cake decorating including covering, royal icing and basic moulding of flowers.
All equipment required for the classes will be provided. Students will learn in a fun and relaxing atmosphere in a well-equipped commercial kitchen. Class sizes also ensure one-to-one attention. In each class students will learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques shown and go home with new-found skills. Ingredients for the course can be provided at basic cost or brought in yourself.
The cost of this course is £280.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Cake Decoration & Icing
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Beginners Cake Decoration & Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Advanced Bakery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Bakery