Introduction to patisserie and confectionary course or relevant practical skills.
An interest in baking and pastry.
Students will also require the following equipment: Apron and non-slip shoes.
Dates and Times
Start date: January 24, 2017
End date: April 4, 2017
Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
This course is for those interested in learning intermediate baking and pastry skills. This non-accredited short course is run by our highly trained chef lecturers.
This course will give you all the tips you need to make the perfect pastry products to grace any mealtime or dinner party.
Students will learn how to prepare and cook a variety of intermediate pastry, dough and desserts products, continuing to develop skills learned on the introduction course and develop skills in the kitchen.
All equipment required for the classes will be provided. Students will learn in a fun and relaxing atmosphere where they will work in a well-equipped commercial kitchen. Class sizes also ensure one-to-one attention. In each class, students will learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques shown and go home with new-found skills.
You can progress onto the Advanced Patisserie and Confectionary short course, which will continue to develop your skills.
The cost of this course is £270.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Cake Decoration and Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery