Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery or Level 2 Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery or, alternatively, substantial relevant industrial experience, as well as Maths and English GCSE at grade 'C' or above, or Level 2 Functional Skills in Communication and Maths.
Dates and Times
We are hoping to run this course again in Autumn 2017.
This qualification is aimed at those wishing to progress from the current Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery and/or for those in industry who wish to be recognised for their skills. It is also an opportunity for those in industry to further increase their knowledge within the area of professional cookery. Students will achieve a higher level of supervisory skills around craft and non-craft skills and have an ability to manage others.
There are two pathways: Professional Cookery (Kitchen Larder) or Patisserie and Confectionery.
Units will include:
- Supervisory skills in the hospitality industry
- Principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Practical gastronomy or patisserie and confectionery
There are also other additional units developing advanced skills and techniques in producing poultry, meat, fish, shellfish, vegetables, game, fermented dough products, pastry, petit fours, desserts, biscuits, cakes and sponges, chocolate work, pastillage and sugar work.
The Diploma is assessed by short-answer tests and practical assessments.
On completion of this course, students could progress onto higher studies, into employment or further progress onto a management and leadership apprenticeship.
Potential job occupations include:
- Catering/restaurant manager
- Executive chef
- Kitchen supervisor/manager
- Nutritional therapist
- Development chef/food technologist
The cost of this course in 2016 was £3,345 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Cake Decoration and Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery