You must have achieved the Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism or have been working in the travel and tourism industry for some time. You should have plenty of general experience and might already supervise others or manage resources. You must also have achieved 4 GCSEs at grade 'C' including English and Maths or Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths.
Dates and Times
We hope to run this course in Autumn 2017.
This qualification is for anybody that wants to work or already works within the travel industry and wants to develop their skills further or wants to develop more specialised skills in a particular area.
The qualification contains units that are relevant to all sectors of the industry.
Example of routes available at this level include:
- Special interest holidays and independent holidays
- Holiday park host
- Ski chalet host
- Holiday representatives
- Retail travel
- UK tourism
- Developing tour operator products
- Adventure tourism development
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations
- UK travel and tourism destinations
Assessment will be through a combination of online testing, assignment work and short-answer questions.
Students can progress onto higher level courses or into full-time employment.
Potential job opportunities include:
- Hotel receptionist or manager
- Tour manager
- Tourist guide
- Tourist information centre assistant
- Travel agent
- Resort representative
The cost of this course in 2016 was £2,573 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Cake Decoration & Icing
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Beginners Cake Decoration & Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery QCF
- City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Advanced Bakery
- York College Certificate - Bakery (Specialist Breads)
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Bakery