You must have completed Level 2 Hospitality Services Diploma and have 3 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
This qualification is the result of collaboration between industry, education and City and Guilds. It takes into account the latest approach to food safety, health and safety and industry practices.
Dates and Times
19th September 2017 - 6th July 2018
The qualification is made up of 12 units and students must achieve all 12 units to complete the qualification.
Units will include:
- Principles of supervising food and beverage services
- Principles of promoting food and beverage services and products
- Principles of supervising customer service performance in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Supervise food and beverage service
- Carve, fillet, joint and serve food in a food service area
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Prepare and serve cocktails
- Prepare and serve wines
- Prepare, cook and serve food in a food service area
- Provide advice to customers on food and beverage matching
- Supervise hospitality events
Assignments, short-answer tests and practical assessments.
On completion of this qualification, students may progress onto higher-level studies, into employment or onto a management apprenticeship. Potential job opportunities include:
- Bar Manager
- Head Waiter
- Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Event Co-ordinator
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Cake Decoration & Icing
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Beginners Cake Decoration & Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery QCF
- City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Advanced Bakery
- York College Certificate - Bakery (Specialist Breads)
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Bakery