3 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths (or Functional Skills in English and Maths), or Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1.
Dates and Times
We hope to run this course in Autumn 2017.
This qualification is the result of collaboration between industry, education and City and Guilds. It takes into account the latest approach to food safety, health and safety and industry practices.
This qualification covers all the patisserie and confectionery skills and knowledge to show that you've got what it takes for a successful career as a pastry chef, or to improve your culinary ability.
Units covered include:
- Introduction to the hospitality and catering industry
- Food safety in catering
- Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality
- Introduction to healthier foods and special diets
- Prepare hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Produce paste products
- Produce biscuits, cakes and sponges
- Prepare fermented dough products
On completion of this qualification, students may progress onto the Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2 or into employment. They could also progress onto the Patisserie and Confectionery route of the Professional Cookery Diploma Level 3.
Potential job occupations include:
- Pastry chef
- Fast food operative
The cost of this course in 2016 was £915 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Cake Decoration and Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery