Students must have achieved one of the following Level 1 courses: Foundation Diploma in Hospitality, Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery or NVQ Preparation and Cooking. You will also need to have achieved 3 GCSEs at grade C, including Maths and English or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English.
Dates and Times
We are hoping to run this course again in Autumn 2017.
The content of this qualification is designed to meet the needs of candidates who want to work as chefs in the catering and hospitality sector by providing them with a wide range of high quality cooking skills that they can apply across a range of catering contexts.
Units covered include:
- Healthier Food and Special Diets
- Investigate the Hospitality and Catering Industry
- Food Safety in Catering
- Health and Safety Awareness for Catering and Hospitality
- Catering Operations, Costs and Menu-planning
- Apply Workplace Skills
You will prepare and cook the following: stock, soups, sauces, vegetables, fruit, poultry, fish, meats, shellfish, grains, pasta, puddings, dough products, pastry, cakes and biscuits.
Written assignments, short answer tests and practical examinations.
Students may progress into employment, or onto Level 3 Professional Cookery, Level 3 Patisserie and Confectionery or Level 3 Hospitality Supervision courses.
Potential job occupations include:
- Catering Assistant
The cost of this course in 2016 was £1,790 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Cake Decoration and Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery