You must have completed Level 2 Hospitality Services Diploma and have 3 GCSEs at grade C (grade 4) or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
This qualification is the result of collaboration between industry, education and City & Guilds. It takes into account the latest approach to food safety, health and safety and industry practices.
What will I study?
The qualification is made up of 12 units and students must achieve all 12 units to complete the qualification.
Units will include:
- Principles of Supervising Food and Beverage Services
- Principles of Promoting Food and Beverage Services and Products
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Legislation in Food and Beverage Service
- Supervise Food and Beverage Service
- Carve, Fillet, Joint and Serve Food in a Food Service Area
- Prepare and Serve Alcoholic and Cold Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Prepare and Serve Cocktails
- Prepare and Serve Wines
- Prepare, Cook and Serve Food in a Food Service Area
- Provide Advice to Customers on Food and Beverage Matching
- Supervise Hospitality Events
How will I be assessed?
Assignments, short answer tests and practical assessments.
What could it lead to?
On completion of this qualification, students may progress onto higher level studies, into employment or onto a management apprenticeship.
Potential job opportunities include:
- Bar Manager
- Head Waiter
- Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Event Co-ordinator
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Hospitality Services NVQ Diploma Level 2 (QCF)
- Intermediate Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1 (QCF)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2 (QCF)
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3 (QCF)
- Professional Food and Beverage Service Level 3 (QCF)
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3 (QCF)
- Travel and Tourism - City and Guilds Diploma Level 2
- Travel and Tourism - City and Guilds Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3