Entry requirementsYou must have achieved the Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism or have been working in the travel and tourism industry for some time. You must also have achieved 4 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths (grade 4) or Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths. All applicants need to be successful at interview.
What will I study?This qualification is for anybody that wants to work or already works within the travel industry and wants to develop their skills further or wants to develop more specialised skills in a particular area.
The qualification contains units that are relevant to all sectors of the industry.
Example of routes available at this level include:
- Special Interest Holidays and Independent Holidays
- Holiday Park Host
- Ski Chalet Host
- Holiday Representatives
- Retail Travel
- UK Tourism
- Developing Tour Operator Products
- Adventure Tourism Development
- Worldwide Travel and Tourism Destinations
- UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
How will I be assessed?Assessment will be through a combination of online testing, assignment work and short answer questions.
What could it lead to?Students can progress onto higher level courses, including a Foundation degree or into full-time employment. Potential job opportunities include: Hotel Receptionist or Manager, Tourist Guide, Travel Agent or Resort Representative.
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3 (QCF)
- NVQ Hospitality Services Diploma Level 2 (QCF)
- NVQ Professional Cookery Diploma (QCF) Level 3
- NVQ Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2 (QCF)
- NVQ Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Diploma Level 3 (QCF)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Food and Beverage Service Level 3 (QCF)
- Travel and Tourism - City and Guilds Diploma Level 2
- Travel and Tourism - City and Guilds Diploma Level 3