This is a one year (with an option to top up to a second year) course suitable for learners who are focused on gaining an in–depth knowledge of the travel and tourism industry. This qualification is recognised by the professional association The Institute of Travel & Tourism.
You must have achieved 4 GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 or above including English and Maths or Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths, or alternatively, you must have achieved the Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism. All applicants need to be successful at interview.
13th September 2017 - 18th June 2018
One year for the Diploma. Two years if the top-up option to the Extended Diploma is selected.
What will I study?
This qualification is for anybody who wants to work or already works within the travel industry and wants to develop their skills further or develop more specialised skills in a particular area.
The qualification contains units that are relevant to all sectors of the industry and include:
- Special Interest Holidays and Independent Holidays
- Holiday Resort Representatives
- Retail Travel
- UK Tourism
- Developing Tour Operator Products
- Adventure Tourism Development
- Worldwide Travel and Tourism Destinations
- UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
If opting to continue onto the second year top-up you will be able to improve your career prospects by achieving additional units on top of those achieved in the Level 3 Diploma such as:
- Foreign Exchange
- Arranging Conferences and Events
- Knowledge of the Cruise Industry
- Adventure and Rural Tourism
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be through a combination of online testing, assignment work and short answer questions.
The cost of this course is £2573.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.What could it lead to?
Students can progress onto higher level courses, including degrees or apprenticeships, or into full-time employment. Potential job opportunities include:
- Hotel Receptionist or Manager
- Tourist Guide
- Travel Agent
- Resort Representative
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Hospitality Services NVQ Diploma Level 2 (QCF)
- Intermediate Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1 (QCF)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2 (QCF)
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3 (QCF)
- Professional Food and Beverage Service Level 3 (QCF)
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3 (QCF)
- Travel and Tourism - City and Guilds Diploma Level 2
- Travel and Tourism - City and Guilds Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3