3 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths (grade 4), or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English. Alternatively, Level 1 Certificate/Diploma in Hospitality Service or Entry Level Certificate Introduction to Hospitality, or GCSE in Catering or Food Technology at grade C or above. All Applicants need to be successful at interview.
What will I study?
This qualification will provide the knowledge and practical skills to work front of house. The qualification covers a range of essential skills that will enable the student to gain confidence in delivering a high level of service to all customers in a range of environments.
- Customer Service in Hospitality
- Food Safety in Catering
- Health and Safety in Catering and Hospitality
- Team Working in Hospitality
Plus a range of optional units covering:
- Food and Beverage Service Skills
- Providing Reception Service Skills
- Food Preparation and Cooking Skills
- Providing Housekeeping Services Skills
- Handling Payments and Maintaining Payment Points
How will I be assessed?
Competence based assessment through a portfolio of evidence and underpinning knowledge questions.
What could it lead to?
Students could progress onto Level 3 courses including Professional Cookery or Food and Beverage Service. Potential job occupations include Catering/Restaurant member, Bar Tender, Receptionist and Housekeeper.
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3 (QCF)
- NVQ Hospitality Services Diploma Level 2 (QCF)
- NVQ Professional Cookery Diploma (QCF) Level 3
- NVQ Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2 (QCF)
- NVQ Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Diploma Level 3 (QCF)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Food and Beverage Service Level 3 (QCF)
- Travel and Tourism - City and Guilds Diploma Level 2
- Travel and Tourism - City and Guilds Diploma Level 3