Develop the skills to provide a person-centred approach to care with this nationally recognised qualification. Gain a deeper understanding of your role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care and support. Throughout this course you will learn how to develop and implement care plans through a person-centred thinking and planning and contribute to the review of these plans by observing, monitoring and reporting on the care activities you’re responsible for.
NCFE Level 2 (online distance learning, no exams involved).
Who Is It For
This course is funded by the adult education budget, and therefore suitable for learners aged 19 and over and the courses are co-funded. Individuals that are aged 19 or over and have not attained a GCSE grades A* to C in maths or English will be fully funded.
Guided Learning Hours - 155
Study hours Per Week - 13
(*please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals*)
This particular short course is just 12 weeks long.
How It Helps You
This course will also enhance your knowledge of nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings, continence care and how to support an individual to maintain personal hygiene, ensuring you have a fully rounded knowledge base and are equipped with the relevant skills for working in the care sector.
How Is The Course Delivered
This course is available in both paper and online format, and up to you to choose which option you choose depending on your preferred method of learning; making the course flexible and easy for the learner. Personal tutors are assigned to each learner, to help ensure you have the support you need throughout the duration of the short course.
UNIT 1 – Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
This unit will develop your knowledge and understanding of the principles processes and practice of person-centred thinking, planning and reviews. You will consider the impact person-centred thinking can have on an individual and their families. This unit also outlines current legislation, policy and guidance that underpins person-centred thinking and planning.
UNIT 2 – Care planning for the care worker
Throughout this unit you will learn about the care planning process in relation to your role and how to implement a care plan. You will also discover how personal beliefs and preferences might influence the care planning process.
UNIT 3 – Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
This Discover how to promote health and well-being through nutririon and hydration. This unit cover the principles of a balanced diet, the importance of special dietary requirements and how to prevent malnutrition in health and social care settings.
UNIT 4 – Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
Throughout this unit you will learn how to address personal hygiene issues in a sensitive manner without imposing your own values and how to maintain the dignity of an individual when supporting them with personal hygiene.
UNIT 5– Understanding continence care
Develop your understanding of the body’s waste functions and the possible reasons for incontinence. This unit will equip you with knowledge to promote continence and understand an individual’s choices including the various facilities and aids which can be provided.
UNIT 6– Principles of supporting sleep
This unit will enhance your understanding of the importance of sleep and how sleep contributes to an individuals’ well-being. You will discover how to assist an individual to sleep and ensure conditions are suitable.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Award Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Award in Working with Young People
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills