Every year in the UK, more than one in three adults aged over 65 falls and injures themselves as a result. Falls have been the most common and serious type of accident experienced by people over 65 years for many years, as well as the leading cause of death from injury for people aged over 75.
NCFE Level 2 (online distance learning, no exams involved).
Who Is It For
This course is funded by the adult education budget, and therefore suitable for learners aged 19 and over and the courses are co-funded. Individuals that are aged 19 or over and have not attained a GCSE grades A* to C in maths or English will be fully funded.
Guided Learning Hours - 118
Study hours Per Week - 12
(*please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals*)
Most students over the age of 19 will be able to study this course for free, however, please contact us if you are aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs grade A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
This particular short course is just 12 weeks long
How It Helps You
This qualification is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare or social care environment, particularly those that support or have contact with older people who have an increased propensity of falls. This includes individual’s working in hospitals, care homes or helping to care for individuals living in their own home.
How Is The Course Delivered
This course is available in both paper and online format, and is up to you to decide which method you prefer, making the course flexible and easy for you. Personal tutors are assigned to each learners, to help ensure you have the support you need throughout the duration of the short course.
UNIT 1 – Falls in context
Section 1 – Falls within a health and social care context
Section 2 – The impact and consequences of falls
Section 3 – The benefits of falls awareness and prevention
Section 4 – The legislation and guidance relating to falls and falls prevention
UNIT 2 – The risk factors and causes of falls
Section 1- The factors that increase the likelihood of falls
Section 2 – How falls may be caused by personal factors
Section 3 – How falls may be caused by environmental factors
UNIT 3 –Falls Assessment and Prevention
Section 1 – How an individual’s’ risk of falls can be assessed, monitored and reviewed
Section 2 – Effective interventions used to reduce the risk of falls
Section 3- Multi- agency and specialist support available for falls prevention
UNIT 4 – Managing Falls
Section 1 – How to reduce the impact and minimise harm in the event of a fall
Section 2 – Role of responsibilities in falls situation and the importance of learning from falls to improve care
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Level 2 Award Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Award in Working with Young People
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma Theraputic Counselling
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills