There are nearly three million people currently living with diabetes in the UK and experts predict that this number will reach five million within the next twelve years. As the prevalence of diabetes continues to increase, the understanding of how to manage diabetes also needs to increase.
NCFE Level 2 (online distance learning, no exams involved).
Who Is It For
This course is funded by the adult education budget, and therefore suitable for learners aged 19 and over and the courses are co-funded. Individuals that are aged 19 or over and have not attained a GCSE grades A* to C in maths or English will be fully funded.
Guided Learning Hours - 105
Study hours Per Week - 11.5
(*please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals*)
Most students over the age of 19 will be able to study this course for free, however, please contact us if you are aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs grade A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
This particular short course is just 8 weeks long.
How It Helps You
By completing this qualification, you will improve and develop your knowledge and understanding to help provide the best care possible for people who are living with diabetes. You will also develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes.
How Is The Course Delivered
This course is available in both paper and online format, and is up to you to decide which method you prefer, making the course flexible and easy for you. Personal tutors are assigned to each learners, to help ensure you have the support you need throughout the duration of the short course.
UNIT 1 – Understand diabetes
This unit explores the varying functions of glucose and inclusion in the blood, the different forms and causes of diabetes as well as the risk factors associated with each type.
UNIT 2 – Prevention and early intervention of TYPE 2 diabetes
Those studying will examine the prevention and early intervention of TYPE 2 diabetes, paying particular attention to how the condition can be delayed or prevented through healthy lifestyle changes.
UNIT 3 – Understand initial care of diabetes
This unit explores how the condition can be managed and monitored as well as considering the mental and physical impact diabetes diagnosis can have on an individual.
UNIT 4 – Understand treatment and management of diabetes
Learners will develop an understanding of the ongoing care and treatment recommended to control blood glucose levels and identify how best to prevent and detect complications in people with diabetes.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Level 2 Award Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Award in Working with Young People
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma Theraputic Counselling
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills