This qualification will help learners identify, develop and formally recognise their knowledge and skills surrounding the care of patients, friends and families during this sensitive and emotionally demanding time of life. It will also enable learners to progress on to further qualifications within this subject area, or surrounding the wider area of health and social care.
NCFE Level 2 (online distance learning, no exams involved).
Who Is It For
This course is funded by the adult education budget, and therefore suitable for learners aged 19 and over and the courses are co-funded. Individuals that are aged 19 or over and have not attained a GCSE grades A* to C in maths or English will be fully funded.
Guided Learning Hours - 135
Study hours Per Week
(*please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals*)
This particular short course is just 9 weeks long.
How It Helps You
This course is ideal for anyone who is already working in, or intending to work within the healthcare or social care sector. It will provide them with knowledge and understanding of end of life care to support their ole. The course may also be suitable for anyone who is caring for a loved one during their final stages of life.
How Is The Course Delivered
This course is available in both paper and online format, and up to you to choose which option you choose depending on your preferred method of learning; making the course flexible and easy for the learner. Personal tutors are assigned to each learner, to help ensure you have the support you need throughout the duration of the short course.
UNIT 1 – Understand how to work in end of life care
This unit helps the learner understand different attitudes to death and dying, the varying approaches (and their individual aims), to end of life care, and the support services available to people undertaking such a role.
UNIT 2 – Care planning in end of life care
Learners will gain an understanding of the holistic approach to end of life care, person centred assessment and care planning considering the many needs of individuals nearing the end of life.
UNIT 3 – Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
This unit covers the knowledge and skills required in order to provide support for managing pain and discomfort. This includes how to minimise pain through a range of different techniques and the approaches to managing pain.
UNIT 4 – End of life and care dementia
Learners will gain an acute awareness of the impact dementia can have on an individual’s end of life care and will also learn how to support those individuals, as well as their family and close friends.
UNIT 5 – Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
This unit explores the role of a care worker around the time of death of an individual. Focusing primarily on how to support an individual, how to care for a deceased individual and existing legislation around this subject are all examined in this module.
UNIT 6 – Understand loss and grief in end of life care
Learners will consider the complex nature of loss and grief, gaining an understanding of how to support people following bereavement and how to best manage their feelings of loss and grief.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Award Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Award in Working with Young People
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills