Validated by York St John University
You must apply for this course through UCAS; UCAS code W452, Institution Code Y70.
York College regrets it does not accept deferred entry applications onto this course.
The introduction Foundation degree will equip you with a combination of technical skills, academic knowledge and transferable skills required by industry. This Foundation degree has been designed for students wanting to develop their skills further in the exciting growth area of TV, Film and Theatre. Good IT skills are desirable.
48 UCAS Tariff points or equivalent (PPP) (please see the UCAS tariff calculator on the left-hand side of this webpage to work out your tariff point amount)
GCSE English at Grade C or equivalent
L3 qualification in relevant area (Art, Hair or Beauty)
Non-standard entry: Applicants who have relevant skills and experience but who do not hold the standard minimum entry requirements will be considered. Applicants will be required to demonstrate the necessary skills and experience to enter the course through their personal statement.
Duration and Attendance
The programme will normally be studied full-time over two years. The course is structured to allow for work commitments around your learning.
- Dressing and Styling Hair for TV, Film and Theatre
- Make-up Application for Varying Effects
- Special Effects Make-up and Continuity
- Advanced hair: Continuity and introduction to Wig Work
- Work-based Learning in Media Make-up, Special Effect Make-up and Hair Design 1 and 2
- Personal and Professional Development Modules 1 and 2
- Advanced Make-up Artistry Skills
- Introduction to Prosthetics
- Period Hair and Make-up
- Advanced Prosthetics (Optional)
- Further media make-up and hair (Optional)
- Work-based Learning in Media Make-up, Special Effect Make-up and Hair Design 3
- Personal Professional Development modules 3 and 4
A range of assessment methods is used within the modules. including: work-based assignments, case studies, presentations, projects, problem based scenarios, simulations, portfolios, reflective assignments, learning journals and outcomes of negotiated learning contracts.
|Fee 2017/18 (starts)||Fee 2018/19 (starts)|
*International Students should call the International team at York College on 01904 770425
Additional costs should be anticipated and further details are made available including a list of recommended kit (approx £1000 for hairdressing kit, make-up kit and special effects kit) and a good camera.
Work-based learning is an integral part of the course and this may involve costs for travel to a work placement.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.