This course is aimed at adults with a Level 2 qualification in hairdressing. There will be a substantial amount of home study to be able to meet the demands of this course.
The aim of the course is about creating a variety of bridal styles for women using a variety of techniques.
Hairdressing Level 2 qualification or industry experience covering styling hair i.e setting.
Dates and Times
Start date: February 20, 2017
End date: May 15, 2017
Time: 6.00pm - 9.00pm
- Be able to prepare for bridal hairstyling services
- Be able to create a variety of bridal effects - twists, knots, woven effects etc
- Be able to use ornamentation, and selection and use of products and equipment
- Health and safety
Students must provide model/clients, tools, equipment and a long hair block.
Tutor input and demonstration are followed by practical assessments.
Exams and Assessments
You will need to prove that you are capable in every aspect of the course.
Once the skills have been 'mastered', assessment in both practical and on the theory of the subject will take place on agreement with the student and the assessor.
Practical assessment will be graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction and assignments as pass or fail. An online test pass is 60 per cent and above.
A portfolio of evidence is required to complete the course and support assessments. It must be handed in at the end of the course for internal verification.
City and Guilds Level 3 Bridal Hair.
NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing part-time/VRQ Level 3 Hairdressing full-time.
The cost of this course is £240.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Nail Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Bridal Hair
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy Techniques
- Getting The Best From Your Make-up
- Introduction to Reflexology
- Looking After Hands and Nails
- Providing Simple Back Massage
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage