This programme is aimed at qualified hairdressers wishing to further develop their skills and creative ability. Level 3 would give you the opportunity to share experiences with other professionals and to help you realise your own potential.
Students wishing to apply for this course will already have Level 2 Hairdressing and a minimum of one year's commercial experience with current employment in a salon.
Should you wish to be considered for this course/programme you are required to complete an application form and attend an interview and a trade test prior to enrolling.
Dates and Times
We hope to run this course in Autumn 2017.
The NVQ 3 training programme in Hairdressing provides professional training of the highest standard in a realistic and up to date working environment. The subjects covered are the theory and practice of Advanced Hairdressing which will include:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations.
- Promote additional services or products to clients.
- Provide hairdressing consultation services.
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques.
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques.
- Provide colour correction services.
- Creatively style and dress hair.
- Creatively dress long hair.
- Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills.
- Create a variety of permed effects.
- Provide creative hair extension services.
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business.
- Support client service improvements.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities.
Exams and Assessments
Continuous assessment will be carried out online via multiple choice tests. There is a 100 per cent pass rate for this course. Practical assessments are observed and carried out within tutorials.
NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing (City and Guilds)
Students can go onto do the following:
- Foundation Degree in Media Make-up and Hair Design for Television, Film and Theatre.
- Working in the industry in product houses or in retail.
- Further Education to progress in teaching and assessing.
- Your options can be discussed with your tutor.
The cost of this course in 2016 was £3,345 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Nail Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Bridal Hair
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy Techniques
- Getting The Best From Your Make-up
- Introduction to Aromatherapy
- Introduction to Reflexology
- Looking After Hands and Nails
- Providing Simple Back Massage
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage