This course is aimed at adults who wish to develop their skills in nail treatments. There will be a substantial amount of home study to be able to meet the demands of this course.
If you are interested in enrolling for this course, please contact our InfoZone to book onto an information session.
Students generally require a minimum of three GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 'D' or above to gain entry onto the course. Mature students may be exempt from this requirement if they have appropriate work experience/life skills or additional qualifications.
Students will need to demonstrate enthusiasm and interest at their interview.
Dates and Times
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Ensure your own actions reduce risk to health and safety
- Promote additional products or services to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Extend and maintain nails (artificial nails)
- Provide nail art service
Tutor input and demonstrations are followed by the practical application of skills and knowledge. Assignments and portfolio-building are an integral part of the programme.
Students must provide their own models/clients. Some clients/models can be booked through the Salon reception.
Exams and Assessments
You will need to prove you are capable in every aspect of the course. Once the skill has been ‘mastered', continuous assessment, both practical and on the theory of the subject, will take place at the tutor's discretion. You will be assessed by practical observations in a realistic environment on paying clients, through assignment work, which will include oral questioning. Online tests are used to assess the underpinning knowledge.
A portfolio of evidence is required to complete the course and support assessments. The portfolio must be handed in at the end of the course for internal verification.
City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Nail Services.
- Employment in industry
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy
The cost of this course was £1,390 in 2016 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Nail Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Bridal Hair
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy Techniques
- Getting The Best From Your Make-up
- Introduction to Aromatherapy
- Introduction to Reflexology
- Looking After Hands and Nails
- Providing Simple Back Massage
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage