Who is this course aimed at?
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering is designed for students who work in or wish to pursue a career in barbering.
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering provides the necessary skills and knowledge the prove occupational competency as a senior barber.
This qualification allows the student to learn, develop and practice the skills required to provide barbering services.
The diploma covers shaving, cutting facial hair, creating patterns in hair as well as cutting and styling men’s hair and consulting clients.
Level 2 Hairdressing, Level 2 Barbering or shop floor experience of working as a barber without any formal qualifications.
Dates and Times
3 hrs per week for 36 weeks, Monday evening.
There is an expectation that you will have to spend time out of college to complete some of the assignment work.
- Client consultation
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques
- Design and create a range of facial shapes
- Provide shaving services
Optional (TBC at the start of the course)
- Perm & neutralise hair
- Reception duties
- Colour and lighten men’s hair
- Provide a variety of relaxing
- Colour correction
- Provide specialist hair and scalp treatments
- Promotional activities
- Design and create patterns in hair
- Practical demonstrations
- One to one practical support
- Groups activities
- Student will work on clients.
Exams and Assessments
- Oral questioning
- Portfolio of evidence
- Online test
- Short answer questions
NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Barbering
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Will the college provide clients to work on?
A) The college will not be able to provide or the clients for this course, students are expected to be able to provide some of their own.
Q) Will the college provide equipment?
A) Students are required to provide your own tool and equipment (information will be provided at induction). Dress code is black.
Employment in the industry in a barbers shop or Higher level qualifications as appropriate to individuals needs.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy & Hairdressing Level 1 - Introduction to Hair & Beauty Sector
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- Body Massage Level 3 Diploma (VTCT)
- Hairdressing Level 2 in Womens Hairdressing
- Hairdressing Level 3 Diploma in Barbering
- Hairdressing Level 3 in Womens Hairdressing
- Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy Techniques