This course will interest those who wish to learn how to perform a simple back massage (that they might provide to friends or family).
Students will both give and receive a massage during the short training event.
There are no formal entry requirements, but students must be in suitable health to be able to take part fully in the activities (students may be contra-indicated under medical grounds).
Please note this course is open to both male and female students.
Dates and Times
7th November 2017
23rd January 2018
Time: 09.00am - 13.00pm
- Basic anatomy of the back
- Simple massage movements that can aid relaxation and help with tension across the back and shoulders
- Contra indications to massage
- The benefits of massage
Students who develop a particular interest in massage may consider applying for the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage.
The cost of this course is £55.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Facial Electrical
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Nail Technology
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma Management Practice & Advanced Techniques in the Hair & Beauty Sector
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage
- York College Certificate - Getting the Best from your Make-up
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Hand and Arm Massage
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Reflexology
- York College Certificate - Looking After Your Hands & Nails
- York College Certificate - Providing a Simple Back Massage