This course will interest those who wish to learn how look after their hands and nails. Students will learn how to correctly shape nails, tidy cuticles and apply nail products. It will also include a complimentary, luxury hand mask to help soften the skin and strengthen the nails. (Please don’t worry if you are a nail-biter – this introductory course can also help you!)
There are no formal entry requirements.
Dates and Times
We are hoping to run this course again in Autumn 2017.
Time: 9.00am - 1.00pm
- The structure of the nail
- How to correctly file and shape the nails
- How to keep cuticles tidy
- How to correctly apply nail products (including nail enamel)
Students who develop a particular interest in nails and hand care may consider applying for Level 2 Nails (part-time) or NVQ Beauty Therapy (full-time or part-time).
The cost of this course was £55 in 2016 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Nail Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Bridal Hair
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy Techniques
- Getting The Best From Your Make-up
- Introduction to Aromatherapy
- Introduction to Reflexology
- Looking After Hands and Nails
- Providing Simple Back Massage
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage