- Beauty Therapy & Hairdressing Level 1 - Introduction to Hair & Beauty Sector
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- Body Massage Level 3 Diploma (VTCT)
- Hairdressing Level 2 in Womens Hairdressing
- Hairdressing Level 3 in Womens Hairdressing
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy Techniques
- NVQ Level 1 Certificate Womens Hairdressing
- York College Certificate: Basic Barbering
Hair, Beauty & Holistic Therapies
Are you interested in hair styling, skincare, make-up application or beauty treatments? Do you have good social and communication skills? If you are hardworking, confident and have a caring nature you are an ideal candidate to apply for a hair and beauty course at York College. Whether you enrol as a work-based learner or a full-time student, our courses will provide you with the right skills to go into employment or higher education.
See below for a fantastic project from our HE Media Make-up department with the theme 'Tribal'. The results were fantastic!
- Higher Education
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 2
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 3
- Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 3
- Introduction to the Beauty and Media Sector Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Introduction to the Hair Sector Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 3
The College has a working salon and spa, where hair and beauty students get to train in a real-life environment with paying members of the public. The salon and spa, with their modern facilites, are located on the ground floor of the College.
York College Hair & Beauty Competition 2017
One of the highlights of any of our hair and beauty courses is the annual York College Hair & Beauty Competition. This year's involved around 250 full and part-time Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy students. The event attracts local employers, some of them acting as judges.