Level 2 VRQ in Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair and improvement of English and Maths qualifications and skills, as well as the successful completion of an interview. It is not possible to start this course with a GCSEs only profile.
What will I study?
The course covers the whole range of motor vehicle engineering skills from routine maintenance to advanced repair techniques. It is based on the Technical Certificate requirement of a Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship.
Topics you will cover include:
Diagnose and Repair Engine Units and Components
Diagnose and Repair Electrical Units and Components
Diagnose and Repair Chassis Units and Components
Transmission and Driveline Units and Components
What can I do next?
Higher level courses such as the Level 3 Diploma in Engineering and Technology and apprenticeships.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) Foundation Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Engineering (Manufacturing) Foundation Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Engineering and Technology Diploma Level 3
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 2
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 2 (Fast Track)
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 3
- Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Entry Level 3
- Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Level 1
- Manufacturing Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) NVQ Level 2