5 GCSEs at grade C or above, which must include Maths (grade 5 or above) (Higher Level Paper), English (grade 4 or above) and a Science. Consideration will also be given to students with relevant industrial experience.
What will I study?
You will develop a broad understanding of engineering theory and industry practice, which has an electronic and electrical engineering bias. The course is made up from 4 mandatory units and 3 optional units.
The mandatory units are:
- Engineering Principles (Maths and Science)
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
- Applied Commercial and Quality Principles in Engineering
The 3 optional units may include topics from:
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Printed Circuit Board Design and Manufacture
- Electronic Measurement and Testing of Electronic Circuits
- Digital and Analogue Electronic Systems
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is a mix of internal and external assignments and an external exam.
Please note that students will need to provide their own Personal and Protective Equipment eg steel toe capped boots and overalls. You will not be allowed into the workshops without these.
What could it lead to?
The National Extended Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (traditionally the second year of this course) or an Apprenticeship in Engineering.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) Foundation Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Engineering (Manufacturing) Foundation Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Engineering and Technology Diploma Level 3
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 2
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 2 (Fast Track)
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 3
- Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Entry Level 3
- Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Level 1
- Manufacturing Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) NVQ Level 2