5 GCSEs at grade C or above which must include Maths (grade 5 or above) (Higher Level Paper), English (grade 4 or above) and a Science. Consideration would be given to students with relevant industrial experience.
What will I study?
You will develop a broad understanding of engineering theory and industry practice, which has a manufacturing engineering bias. The course is made up from 4 mandatory units and 3 optional units.
The mandatory units are:
- Engineering Principles (Maths and Science)
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
- Applied Commercial and Quality Principles in Engineering
The 3 optional units may include topics such as:
- Computer Aided Design in Engineering
- Manufacturing Secondary Machining Processes
- Manufacturing Computer Numerical Control Machining Processes
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is a mix of internal and external assignments and an external exam.
Please note that students will need to provide their own Personal and Protective Equipment; steel toe capped boots and overalls. Please note you will not be allowed into the workshops without these.
What could it lead to?
This can lead to the National Extended Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering (traditionally the second year of this course) or an Apprenticeship in Engineering.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) Foundation Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Engineering (Manufacturing) Foundation Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Engineering and Technology Diploma Level 3
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 2
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 2 (Fast Track)
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 3
- Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Entry Level 3
- Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Level 1
- Manufacturing Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) NVQ Level 2