This motor vehicle qualification is for students who have 2 GCSEs at grade C or above in Maths and English (grade 4 or above). It is a demanding programme as it includes both the Level 1 and Level 2 courses in one.
What will I study?
Please refer to the standard Level 1 and Level 2 course descriptions as similar units to those will be studied. For example:
- Health and Safety Practices in Vehicle Maintenance
- Job Roles in the Automotive Industry
- Spark Ignition Engine Systems, Components and Operation
- Routine Vehicle Maintenance Processes and Procedures
- Introduction to Low Carbon Technologies in the Automotive Industry
- Vehicle Electrical Foundation Skills
- Removing and Replacing Engine Units and Components
- Removing and Replacing Chassis Units and Components
What could it lead to?
Many of the students take up employment in the automotive industry and follow a Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship. Alternatively it is possible to progress onto the Level 3 Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ with the correct entry requirements and interview (depending on number of applicants).
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) Foundation Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Engineering (Manufacturing) Foundation Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Engineering and Technology Diploma Level 3
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 2
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 2 (Fast Track)
- Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 3
- Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Entry Level 3
- Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Level 1
- Manufacturing Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) NVQ Level 2