Information for employers about work placements.
A work placement is an ideal opportunity to introduce young people to the reality of working life within an organisation and to help them towards securing and sustaining future employment.
By taking students on work placement, you are giving them an opportunity to be engaged, inspired and informed about what working life is like, as well as experiencing the reality of their preferred sector of employment on a day-to-day basis.
York College work placementsIf you are considering accepting a student on a placement you may like to know more about our aims and how we would like to achieve them.
Our aims are to allow students to:
- access opportunities which will widen their knowledge and skills beyond their studies
- gain general experience and acquire further employability and transferable skills cultivate themselves, thus ensuring that they are workplace ready in the future
All York College students who require work placements are aged 16 and above. They will have received guidance from course tutors and the Work Placement Team about the type of organisation and workplace which would be most beneficial.
Business benefits of work placementsHosting a work placement student helps you:
- find potential members of staff
- get additional help at no cost
- develop your existing employees
- get new ideas and perspectives
- raise your profile
- gain new understanding of modern learning
- help to up-skill a new generation of workers
If you feel you could offer a student work placement opportunity or have any further questions please contact the Work Placement Office:
Work Placement Office
Telephone: 01904 770830
Click here for our guide for employers providing work placements.